- February 13th, 2008
I would like to apologize.
To all who have been my LJ communication for the past few years, I apologize for absolutely forgetting I have a LiveJournal. Case in point, that means I have not been ignoring your posts, but neglecting my duties as an "awesome LJ friend." I guess even just plain old friend to some/most of you. I feel like I owe you the worlds longest LJ entry to make up for not keeping you up to speed on my life and not keeping up to speed on yours, but then I think that you guys may have lives hectic as mine and would never make it through. SO, again, I am going to say hit me up with a comment and I'll comment you up. Not like I'm playing favorites, but that way I will know who's had time to update and such.
Here are a few highlights to "my life":
* New job is going well. I work close to 40 hours one week and close to 30 the next. I get called in enough that I've already managed to pick up overtime. The clients are finally getting used to me, so that's a plus and a minus. (In case I never told... I quit at McDonald's in January and I work in adult foster care. Yeah, yeah, cleaning up people's shit...any sense of the word fits). I got checked off on meds last thursday. Now I can administer medication. Hoowaah... Got to pass meds today, that was interesting. Got attacked a few times. Funny but not.
* I made it to Holland to visit Heather (finally). It was good to see her again. Hard to believe we hadn't hung out in only 3 weeks. Seemed like forever ago. Michelle and I got her a microwave so I took that down. There was much snow and wind, but it was worth it. I hope to visit more often. Heather, you're doing a great job with your apartment.
* Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Well, Thursday for the most part. To celebrate the "occasion" (Thursday) I am going to work 3rd shift. That is 10 pm til 6 am. Friday I am going to work 6 am til 2 pm. Yeah, 16 hours.
* Jeff is on some kind of mad dash to take over Facebook. He's creating applications and I make the info pages. I expect that some of you who use Facebook will at least check them out when I send you invitations.
* As you can see, my life is pretty much work and friends. Sleep should be implied, even though there isn't very much going on. To make "life" easier, I will post my work schedule here and hope to at least post once every 2 weeks with my new schedule. :)
Feb. 14 10pm-6am
Feb. 15 6am-2pm
Feb. 16 6am-2pm
Feb. 17 6am-2pm
Feb. 18 Off / Concert Someplace
Feb. 19 2pm-8pm
Feb. 20 6am-11am
Feb. 21 6am-11am / Red Cedar Festival Rehearsal
Feb. 22 6am-2pm
Feb. 23 Red Cedar Festival in Okemos, MI
Feb. 24 Off / OPEN
Feb. 25 off / OPEN
Feb. 26 6am-11am
Feb. 27 6am-end of staff meeting (12:30-ish)
Feb. 28 6am-2pm
For the record, yes, I have a hard time believing it is February already.